Disclaimer: Many old verses of the song are no longer used due to offensive language, antiquated ideas, and inappropriate ideals. These verses do not reflect the current beliefs and values of engineers and our community. In recent years, the engineering community has striven to become more conscious of the effect of language, particularly in cheers and yells such as Godiva's Hymn. As we have evolved as a community, we recognize that these verses should not be sung again. The original version of the hymn remains accessible only to acknowledge the faults of the origin of our engineering culture and to better understand why they should never be repeated.
Engineering and University Verses
- Professors put demands on us, they say we have to tool,
- But all we want to do is sleep, we hate this fucking school.
- You can bitch or tell us off, even abuse us if you please,
- But we're all set to graduate, and all we need are C's!
Verses about Other Faculties and Artsies
- On reading Karma Sutra, a guy learned position nine
- For proving masculinity, it truly was divine.
- But then one day the girl rebelled and threw him on his rear,
- For he was a feeble artsie and she was an Engineer.
Verses in Somewhat Bad Taste
- A maiden and an Engineer were sitting in the park,
- The Engineer was busy doing research after dark.
- His scientific method was a marvel to observe,
- While his right hand wrote the figures down, his left hand traced the curves.
- My father peddles opium, my mother's on the dole,
- My sister used to walk the streets but now she's on parole,
- My brother runs a restaurant with bedrooms in the rear,
- But they don't even speak to me 'cause I'm an Engineer.
- Fornication, copulation, penetration, fuck
- Rim job, reem job, nose job, blow job, cunnilingus, suck
- Eating beaver, dipping wick, taking it up the rear;
- These words don't mean a thing to me cause I'm an engineer!
- We are, we are, we are, we are the female Engineers,
- We can, we can, we can, we can demolish twice as many beers.
- So cum, so cum, so cum, so cum, so cum all over us,
- For we don't give a damn about any damn man that can't get it up for us.
- At the Arts Quad at our school there are many untruths told
- 'bout how female engineers are frigid, strange, and cold,
- But truth be told men look for lady engineers of course,
- And sleep with girls who study friction, motion, stress and force.
- I happened once upon a maid whose eyes were full of fire,
- Her physical endowments would make your hands perspire,
- She shocked us when she told us that she never had been kissed,
- For her boyfriend was a worn-out Engineering Scientist.