Engineering Society Branding Policy
The Branding Policy was a project initiated under the VP Communications and was a part of the Logo Redesign initiative in February 2012. There has not yet been a formal Policy submission for this project, and is thus not listed.
At the time of inception during the 2011-2012 year, the motivation behind the Branding Policy project included:
- Improving visibility to Engineering Society services
- Increase constructive feedback from the student body
- Provide consistent and distinguishable logo
A major part of the new strategy includes the new logo: EngSocLogo final new.png
The Branding Policy project addressed 2 main areas of concern:
- Unifying Engineering Society services through a common marketing strategy
- usage of the University of Toronto Engineering Society logo
It is expected to be used by Council members representing Engineering Society events, and may be adopted by affiliated & ex-officio members. The Branding Policy essentially provided 5 main guidelines:
- All posters/banners created should include "presented by the Engineering Society" after the event name/service, and the placement of the logo in the bottom left corner
- All Facebook events or other social media advertisements should include "presented by the Engineering Society" after the event name/service
- All announcements about events or services should mention that it is "presented by the Engineering Society"
- The inclusion of the logo on any webpage
- Replace all usage of the old Eng Soc logo or Eng Soc crest with the new logo